Worried About Child Abuse?

Abuse, in relation to a child, means:

  1. an assault, including a sexual assault, of the child; or
  2. a person (the first person) involving the child in a sexual activity with the first person or another person in which the child is used, directly or indirectly, as a sexual object by the first person or the other person, and where there is an unequal power in the relationship between the child and the first person; or
  3. causing the child to suffer serious psychological harm, including (but not limited to) when that harm is caused by the child being subjected to, or exposed to, family violence; or
  4. serious neglect of the child.

If you think your child has been exposed to child abuse, please contact your legal representative or child protection authority in your state or territory:



Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect


New South Wales (NSW)

Ph: 132 111

Web site

Australian Capital Territory (ACT)

Ph: 1300 556 729

Web site

Northern Territory (NT)

Ph: 1800 700 250

Web site

Queensland (QLD)

Ph: 1800 811 810 (Business hours)

Ph: 1800 177 135 or (07) 3235 9999 (after hrs/weekends)

Web site

South Australia (SA)

Ph: 131 478

Web site

Tasmania (TAS)

Ph: 1300 737 639

Web site

Victoria (VIC)

Ph: 131 278

Web site

Western Australia (WA)

WA Police Child Abuse Investigation Unit - Ph: 08 9492 5444

Crime Stopers - Ph: 1800 333 000

Web site